Sensory interventions can make the treasures in our care more accessible, more engaging, and more relevant to a wider audience.
To take this ambition to a new level, we plan to embark on a program of sensory interventions at six properties – adopting and implementing a creative approach to our collections which will surprise, provoke discussion, and excite. Each of the six interventions will be created and delivered by an interdisciplinary team who will measure success to determine applicability more widely across the Trust.
These sensory interventions are:
- Sound and Music at Culzean Castle
- Light and Dark at Haddo House
- Materials and Making at Kellie Castle
- Taste and Smell at Gladstone’s Land
- Guided Tours and Performance at Newhailes
- Time at Pollok House